MLT 2402: Microbiology I
Session Objectives: Check Gram Positive Here
MLT 2402 Microbiology I Gram Negative Cocci – By the end of this laboratory session, the student shall be able to:
- Describe the colony and microscopic morphologies of various gram negative cocci
- Perform available biochemical tests on various gram negative cocci
- Follow all safety precautions that should be observed when working with the chemical and biological substances used in this laboratory experience
Organisms to be studied:
- N. gonorrhoeae
- N. lactamica
- M. catarrhalis
For each culture:
- Observe the colonies and describe the colonial appearance on the worksheet.
- Prepare a smear for Gram stain. Stain smear and describe microscopic morphology.
- Perform an oxidase test and record results on the worksheets.
- Inoculate a set of CTA containing:
- Incubate all biochemical tests in a non-C02 incubator for 18 to 36 hours. Read and record all results on worksheets.
**BE IT NOTED THAT TEST AND MICROORGANISM AVAILABILITY MAY CHANGE.
Note: Due to Covid-19, this exercise will be completed virtually through the use of Google and any other websites listed in the course.