Take-Home Quiz # 1
(Sections 4.4 – 4.7)
Math 141/6380, Due 11:59PM, Sunday, January 21, 2018
Instructions: This quiz must be completed independently. You are allowed to consult with your notes or the textbook as needed to aid you in solving these problems. Seeking help from others in or out of the class is not allowed.
Suggestions about how to approach this quiz:
- Finish all homework assignments of the sections and get good understanding of the contents from the last week.
- Print out a copy of the quiz and solve any problems that you can, using pencil and paper.
- Review the eBook sections associated with any problems you could not solve.
- Complete the remaining problems to the best of your ability. Even if you cannot come to a final solution, you should show what you do know so that you have the opportunity for partial credit.
- Review your work. Check for errors. Make sure you have included units where appropriate, and explanations when required by the instructions. Unless the problem explicitly states otherwise, work must be shown for every answer. Any answer, even if “correct” but lacking work, will NOT receive full credit and may receive NO credit!
- When you are satisfied, type in your solutions (extend space if needed), or scan your hand written work, or insert photo images into one document. Make sure that your submission is readable.
- Submit your work in the associated LEO assignment.
Unless the problem explicitly states otherwise, work must be shown for every answer. Any answer, even if “correct” but lacking work, will NOT receive full credit and may receive NO credit!
Please submit the quiz as an attachment in any readable formats such as scanned or photo copy before or on Sunday, Jan 21. No late quiz will be accepted. No make-up quiz will be arranged. A solution key for Quiz # 1 will be posted along with the quiz right after 12am (EST), Monday, Jan 22.
|Please sign (or type) your name below the following honor pledge:
I have completed this quiz by myself, working independently and not consulting anyone except the instructor. I have neither given nor received help on this quiz.
Name _____________________ Date___________________
QUIZ # 1 Problems
(Please extend sufficient space if you work on the docx version)
1. The velocity of a car after t seconds is feet per second. (a) How far does the car travel between second and second? (b) How many seconds does it take the car to travel from starting place to 54 feet?
2. Let find at
3. Evaluate the following definite integrals:
4. Evaluate the following indefinite integrals.
5. Evaluate the integrals by making appropriate substitutions.
6. Find the area between the graphs of , on the interval .
7. Find the area of the closed region bounded above by the graph of and below by the graph of 2.
Access Calculus homework.