Due date: Wednesday 31st, October 2020.
Please note that this assignment counts to 10% of your overall course marks. Lateness without a doctor certificate, would be heavily penalized.
The following are important concepts in Computer Graphics. You are required to research the following topic areas and present a no more than three (3) page essay ( a fourth page can be used for references. ) reflecting your understanding of the concepts.
Please note that the use of examples is the best way to demonstrate your understanding of the topics. Note: The Internet is one of the best places for finding information. However please be mindful of the quality of your sources. You must properly identify and reference your sources as required by all academic work.
1) Geometrical Transformations which may include all or some of:
- 2D Transformations
- Homogenous Coordinates
- 2D Matrix Transformations
- Composition of Transformations
- 3D Matrix Transformations
2) Viewing in Three Dimensions which may include all or some of:
- Perspective Projection
- Parallel Projection
- Arbitrary 3D Views
- Mathematics of Planar Projections
3) Lighting and Illumination which may include all or some of:
- Ambient Lighting
- Diffuse Lighting
- Specular Lighting
- Multiple Light Sources
Flow and logic: 20 marks
Quality of research: 30 marks
Quality of analysis: 30 marks